Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 10

So I realized while trying to fall asleep last night that I'm actually off 1 day and I have been from my fist post with this trip. I talked about our flight and our first full day in Maryland under day 1, oh well. Anyway yesterday was so much fun! My mom got super cheap tickets to the Baltimore Aquarium through her school (only $5 a person instead of like $25.) By far Savannah's favorite part was the Dolphin Show, I mean how can you not like it. The whole time she was oohing and aahing and clapping, even to the beat. She was just in heaven even though she was a bit unsure before it started.

After the show we got to stand next to the glass tank and watch the dolphins swim by and Savannah wasn't even scared like I thought she would be. She just loved every minute of it. Next we started our trip through the aquarium looking at the sting rays and all the different displays. She would hold hands with my mom and I and once we got to a tank she'd pull her hands free so she could press herself up to the glass. A couple times she even tried to climb inside, she really likes water. They have a new to me Australian exhibit and it was pretty cool. One of the workers there would feed a type of fish with grasshoppers and the fish would jump out of the tank to get it.

We went to lunch afterwords right along the harbor and I was just in heaven, then we headed back to my parents. Last night was our next scheduled activity, one that has been pretty regular while I've been here. My family loves hockey, now they haven't always my brother Mark loves it and not they all do. This week the Washington Capitals have been in the playoffs for the Stanley Cup so every other night we've been watching hockey. Last night Mark and I decided to get into it and wore hockey jersey's. If they won last night they would have moved on in the playoffs but alas they lost so keep your fingers crossed for Monday night, they just need to win 1 more game in the series.
Savannah even gets into the games and helps cheer the Caps on, fun times, fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment