Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 6 and 7

So these past two days have been a bit quieter and we've done some of the same activities. I decided that with this post instead of giving you the play by play of yet another track meet and Savannah at the park I'd share some cute stuff Savannah did on Monday.
So when we came downstairs Monday morning I saw a car on the counter top in the kitchen, I figured it must have come from like a box of cereal or a kids meal or something. Anyway I decided to open it up and give it to Savannah to play with. I wasn't quite sure what she'd do with it because she's never played with a toy car before and I don't think she's ever seen another kid playing with one really so I watched with anticipation. She takes the car, examines it and then proceeds to get down on all four and starts pushing the car around on the kitchen floor. Too cute!
Later that afternoon we headed off to another of Mark's track meets and cheered him on. Whenever kids would run by Savannah would say "run run" to encourage them along. The cutest thing she did at the track meet though was when it was almost over. They had placed all the hurtles in a row at the end of the track and Savannah decided it was time to start practicing her hurtling skills. She started climbing through each one and once finished with one row would turn around and come back the other direction. Every one who walked past made the comment on how she was practicing already to do hurtles. I just thought it was so cute since both Jacob and Mark have done hurtles in track.
Then the cutest thing of all she did was that night at dinner. My mom took my brothers, Savannah, and I out to dinner. My dad was working super late so we went to the Cheesecake Factory, a place he doesn't really like. Anyway...we were sitting in a booth next to another family. We both had highchairs at the end of our tables so Savannah ended up sitting next to this super cute baby, he must have been around 8 months or so. Anyway if you've been to the Cheesecake Factory you know its a kind of a loud restaurant which worked out great for Savannah's plans. She was talking up a storm to this little boy, she kept shouting and laughing and just jabbering away at him. Of course the boy just stared at her but she was having a ball, then to top it all off she started playing peek-a-boo with him! She'd cover her eyes and say "peeeeeek-a-BOO!" over and over again. It was by far one of the cutest things I've ever seen her do. So there you have it, three cute things Savannah did yesterday and two pictures from playing outside at the park and watching Mark race.

1 comment: